A LADY BY THE SEA

A LADY BY THE SEA

Tuesday 15 March 2011

I had problems with an aged client but after reading my report my supervisor and the manager had a meeting and have now removed client from our service. Client will now be outsourced to a private agency.

My health (stress) and safety (manual handling) were at risk. I have been an aged care field worker for 8 years, I work 5 days a week so have extensive experience working with the elderly, frail and disabled. I have had dementia care training and I have always been able negotiate with difficult clients but this lady I could not come to a common ground to work with.

Thankfully, as a team rep in branch meetings I have had contact with our manager and she listened and acted when I have expressed concern on OHS issues in the our field work/workplace.
Photobucket

1 comment:

val said...

Glad your problem got sorted. It's awful having unhappy times at work.